Spicy Chicken with Couscous Salad
An OKS&F Favorite Meal!
Craving something delicious, healthy, and exciting? Look no further. Here is a simple recipe with just a few ingredients.
The nutty couscous salad in this dish perfectly offsets a very flavorful chicken.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (plus 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup couscous
- 3/4 lb. cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil
- 1/2 smal purple onion, diced
- 1 cup snap peas, thinly sliced crosswise (about 1 cup)
- salt and pepper to taste
- dijon mustard
(optional dipping sauce / topping: combine ingredients below in a processor until smooth)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with the paprika, cumin, salt and pepper.
2. Cook the chicken until golden brown and juices run clear, approximately 6 1/2 minutes per side.
3. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let rest.
4. Bring1 cup water to a boil in a saucepan (stovetop) or in a glass bowl (microwave). remove from heat, add the couscous, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
5. Add the tomatoes, basil, snap peas, onion, lemon juice and zest, remaining oil, salt and pepper. Gently toss couscous mixture.
6. Slice the chicken and serve with the couscous salad and dipping sauce