Delicious Chocolate Espresso Power Bars
An OKS&F Favorite Snack!
These delicious homemade junk free and gluten free Chocolate Espresso Power Bars are completely satisfying as a pre-workout snack or even as a healthy and fulfilling dessert.
This is a no-bake recipe that takes place entirely in your food processor and freezer. Start to finish the preparation can take approximately five to seven minutes.
We found that these power bars travel well and are perfect snack at the gym, on the trail, or on the go.
- 1 1/2 cups almonds (lightly toasted for better taste)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 10 large medjool dates, pits removed
- 2 teaspoons organic decaf espresso, finely ground
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 10 drops stevia
1. Blend almonds, cacao and espresso in food processor until finely grounded
2. Add pitted dates and process until blended into dry ingredients
4. Process in vanilla, stevia and agave until well combined
5. Press mixture into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish
6. Add a touch of water if your batter is crumbly when handling
7. Freeze for 2 1/2 hours
8. Cut into squares, serve or store