With a deliciously cheesy and chewy texture, these beauties can be served as a keto appetizer or a unique side dish this holiday season!
- 5 full cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup grated mozarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp whole psyllium hush (or flaxseed)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place the spinach leaves in a large mixing bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover the bowl with a lid for 2 minutes.
3. Add beaten eggs, cheeses, parsley, garlic powder, salt, almond flower, and psyllium husk.
4. Mix and combine with a spoon until you can form balls.
5. If too moist, add slightly more almond flour (or crumbs) until you can easily roll the batter into balls.
6. Place the balls on a non-stick tray covered with baking paper, leaving space between each ball.
7. Bake at 370 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until golden on top.
8. Serve with dips such as quacamole, honey mustard, or tomato sauce.
Frozen Batter Option
1. Freeze the batter on a plate covered with parchment paper. After one hour, the balls will be frozen enough to be transferred to an airtight container of your choice!
2. You can keep these balls in the freezer for up to three months.
3. When you are ready to bake the frozen balls, you don't need to defrost the balls before baking. Place them on a tray covered with parchment paper and bake as regular.